The Master Cleanse Lemonade Diet
In the 70 years since Stanley Burroughs developed the Master Cleanse, or “Lemonade Diet”, thousands of people have used his simple technique to detoxify and lose weight.
Essentially, the Master Cleanse is a form of juice and tea fast with a daily “salt-water flush.” Instead of food, you consume a mixture of fresh-squeezed organic lemon juice, organic cayenne pepper, and pure, organic maple syrup. With a Maple Valley brand Master Cleanse Lemonade Diet Kit, you provide the fresh lemons and purified/filtered water and we provide all the rest: organic maple syrup, organic cayenne pepper, sea salt and tea, along with the Master Cleanse guidebook of your choice.
Detoxifying on the Master Cleanse Lemonade Diet
Stanley Burroughs first devised the Master Cleanse as a treatment for ulcers. Burroughs blamed most illnesses on the build-up of mucous and other wastes, including toxins from both the environment and an imbalanced diet. Burroughs designed the Master Cleanse to eliminate these toxins by dislodging them from the body through “lemonade diet”, juice fasting with a lemonade made from fresh squeezed lemon juice, maple syrup and cayenne pepper and an herbal laxative tea. The cleanse also includes facilitating the elimination of toxins in the body through salt-water flushing, or “the top-down enema.”
Master Cleanse Lemonade Recipe for Detox:
- 2 T organic lemon or lime juice
- 2 T organic Maple Valley Syrup
- 1/10 t cayenne pepper
- 10 oz spring or purified water
- Drink 6 to 12 glasses per day.
Master Cleanse Lemonade Detox Diet Tips
- 2 Tablespoons Maple Syrup per 10 oz glass for detox or weight loss
- Minimum 6 glasses lemonade per day
- Nightly herbal laxative tea
- Morning salt water flush (or plain warm water for a gentler flush)
- Use organic ingredients and purified water. (Many purifiers will not take out fluoride, so buy bottled water if you have fluoride in your water.)
- Water and Peppermint tea are the only other things to have while on the cleanse
- Every time you get hungry, drink another lemonade!
- Don’t leave home without your lemonade! If you go out for the day, pre-make your lemonade and take it with you, or take your ingredients and make it fresh at work if you can. Make sure you take enough.
- Rest when you’re tired and your body says rest.
- Cleanse with a group – it’s fun, and you’ve got support!