Maple Valley is Hiring!
Do you have a passion for organic, experience in sales, and the ability to work independently from home? Maybe you’d like to join our team!
Maple Valley has an open position in our sales and marketing department.
Title: Outside Sales & Customer Service Coordinator – Midwest Region
Reports To: Sales Manager
Maple Valley has an opening for an Outside Sales/Customer Service coordinator. This part-time position can increase to full time for a motivated candidate. This position will be a telecommuting position with occasional days at our HQ in Cashton and some travel in the upper Midwest (3-5 days a month, possibly more as position grows). Duties to include calling, emailing and traveling to generate sales, as well as using social media and marketing materials to support sales. This position will work in unison with our Western and Eastern sales reps. Ideal candidate is self-motivated, organized and a good communicator and collaborator. Experience with and knowledge of the organic food industry preferred.
Experience using Excel, Word, QuickBooks, CRM (customer relation management systems) and other business applications essential. Salary commensurate with experience. Please contact us with questions or interest, or fill out an application.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for contact with new and existing customers to generate sales, receive orders, handle customer service issues; some travel required
- May handle and receive incoming sales orders
- Understand and use the current accounting software (QuickBooks) for order input
- Maintain accounts in Prosperworks (Customer Relations Management system)
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to travel as necessary and log time management on a weekly basis
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience in Organic/Natural foods trade preferred
- Enjoys working with people
- Ability to self-motivate and be organized
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Effective collaborative skills and ability to team with others
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects at once
- Ability to work effectively and maintain deadlines with limited supervision