Ahh…summer! Get your grilling on with this quick & easy melt-in-your-mouth Maple Glazed Grilled Salmon. A Super Food meal packed with Omega 3, protein, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
Each bite of this Maple Glazed Salmon is sweet yet savory, and bursting with melt-in-your-mouth flavor! This is the ultimate healthy dinner that takes mere minutes to make!
It’s a SuperFood meal! Salmon is a nutrient-dense food rich in Omega 3 fatty acids, Vitamin B12, and protein and maple syrup is rich in minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants.
Maple, its not just for breakfast!
- 1/3 cup Maple Valley Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup tamari sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves pressed or minced
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 to 2 ½ lbs fresh salmon fillet cut into 5-6 (1” thick) portions
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onions (for garnish)
1. Stir together the marinade ingredients.
2. Place salmon fillets in a shallow glass dish, pour the marinade over the top and turn fillets to coat. Cover the dish.
3. Allow to marinate in the refrigerator for 30-60 minutes turning the fillets over half-way through.
4. Pre-heat gas grill to medium/high heat (350 degrees).
5. Remove salmon from the dish and place on platter and pour the marinade into a small saucepan.
6. MAPLE GLAZE: Boil down the marinade in small sauce pan over high heat whisking constantly until it starts to thicken (about 3 minutes). Stain the glaze into a small bowl.
7. Oil the grill grates with brush or paper towel, use oven mitt for safety.
8. Grill salmon skin-side-down over medium/high heat using the time guidelines below. Carefully turn salmon over and continue grilling until salmon is flaky.
9. Grilling guidelines
· 1” thick fillets = 4-5 minutes per side
· 3/4” thick fillets = 3-4 minutes per side
· 1/2” thick fillets = 2-3 minutes per side
10. Brush grilled salmon with maple glaze and serve garnished with green onion.
- Make sure to brush your grill with oil to ensure the salmon doesn’t stick.
- Use a spatula and tongs to help flip the salmon.
This is truly a delicious dish!!