Salted Maple Caramel
Welcome autumn with the perfect complement to fresh, crisp apples!
- 1 1/4 cup Maple Valley organic maple syrup
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp butter (or 2 Tbsp for a “butterscotch caramel”)
- 1 generous pinch of sea salt
- 1 Tbsp real vanilla
- Bring first four ingredients to a boil in a heavy 2-3 quart saucepan and continue to boil until mixture starts to thicken (about 15-20 minutes).
- Add vanilla and boil one minute more.
- You can dip apples in the hot caramel and place on a buttered plate to cool. Or, pour in to a heat safe jar, cool, and use later. Store in refrigerator.
Try drizzling on top of apple crisp or apple pie!