Work At Maple Valley
Join Maple Valley Cooperative!
INSIDE SALES – WEST – Must be based in the Western United States
Maple Valley Cooperative, a leader in Organic and Sustainable Maple Syrup Products is in search of a commission based Inside Sales Representative to manage an existing book of business while onboarding new customers. Remotely based, this position is perfect for an established salesperson in the natural products/conventional grocery space who is looking to add a premium brand to their portfolio.
Who we are
Maple Valley, a pioneer in organic and fair practices for maple production, was founded in 1991, became a cooperative in 2007, and today it continues to be a thriving cooperative with a conscience owned by farmers, employees, customers, vendors, and investors with a common vision for a healthy world where nature is protected, people cooperate for the good of all and communities are strong.
We have high-quality, certified organic products free of additives and preservatives – and moreover, we bring you a socially responsible commodity. Great effort has gone into selecting responsible, organically certified woodland farmers based in the Great Lakes and Northeast region of the United States whose standards and practices represent stewardship to the environment and our planet.
Our main processing plant and offices are in Cashton, Wisconsin. We believe in family scale farming, fair wages for producers and employees, transparency, accountability, and sustainable fair business practices.
Who you are
A dynamic sales superstar with 2 – 5 years’ experience calling on independent and chain grocery stores. Using your existing connections and relationships, you will be growing an existing book of business while introducing Maple Valley products to new business. This position is fully remote and will require light travel from time to time. The ideal candidate will have experience working with national distributors like UNFI as well as experience working with regional distributors, comfort in making multiple sales calls directly to retailers, and ability to track progress through a CRM System. This position requires a mission-based salesperson who is comfortable with transparent storytelling and the ability to “make the ask” to close deals of all sizes.
- Work closely with National Sales Manager, Marketing and Executive Team in developing and managing strategies, products, methods, and go to market strategies
- Establish and execute plans to achieve targeted sales and profit goals
- Support the National Sales Manager, Marketing and Executive Team in developing strategic and operating plans to ensure that the company has the appropriate resources to support current business and projected growth
- Develop and execute strategic sales and marketing plans which includes utilizing Sales Reports
- Provide accurate monthly forecasts for all accounts/items
- Optimize supply chain by coordinating sales demand, manufacturing to maximize on time service to customers while maximizing revenue
- Coordinate and lead weekly/monthly – sales meetings/calls to measure trends vs. objectives
- Manage Trade expense efficiencies/ROI
- Lead/direct Buying Office calls at assigned retail accounts
- Work with internal team(s) to develop positive ROI regarding potential new business
- Stay abreast of and communicate pricing competitive activities in the marketplace
- Be the communication link between field sales, marketing and headquarters
- 2 plus years’ experience in sales calling on Natural, Independent and Chain Grocery Stores
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong business and collaborative relationships
- Proven ability to adapt and manage effectively in fast paced, changing environment
- Ability to plan, assess and implement change
- Solid business and financial acumen
- Superior communication, analytical and presentation skills
- Capacity to build relationships internally and externally
- Strong and creative negotiation skills with challenging customers
- Demonstrated ability to develop new business within the Conventional/Natural Retail Channel
- Ability to quickly establish credibility across organization and engage others to ensure success
- Ability to work independently in a remote/home office environment
- Must be currently located within the West, Southeast or Northeast Region of the US
- In depth knowledge of Conventional/Natural Retail, grocery, and deli experience preferred
Include cover letter/email introduction message, attach your resume and send to:
Dave Podesta, National Sales Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org