Start your day the MAPLE way with these fluffy yet moist on the inside, buttery crisp on the outside PANCAKES topped with Maple Valley syrup! Try the recipe – we think they’ll be the only pancakes you’ll ever want to make.
We all know pancakes are just sponges for Maple Valley syrup, but that doesn’t mean those sponges should just be ho-hum to get the job done. We think these will be the only pancakes you’ll want make once you’ve tried them. With an unexpected ingredient that may surprise you, these pancakes are guaranteed to be super moist and fluffy on the inside and crispy on the outside.
Did you know National Pancake Day happens twice a year? Awesome, right?! According to the nationaltoday.com website, “Pancakes are an old staple, dating back to Ancient Greece. Since then, many varieties have been created across the globe. In Britain, France, and other parts of Europe, their pancakes (or crepes) are thin and often served with a sweet or savory filling. In Indonesia they consume pancakes known as serabi, which are made with rice flour and coconut milk. In Uganda pancakes are made with bananas. These are just a few of the many different variations across the globe.”
You can get creative with different varieties of pancakes and toppings or just keep it classic – the perfect pancake slathered in butter and pure Maple Valley maple syrup packed with antioxidants, vitamins and minerals.
- 1 cup organic milk
- 1/2 cup organic sour cream
- 1/4 cup maple sugar or 3 Tbsp of Maple Valley maple syrup
- 2 large organic eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Butter for greasing the pan (2-3 Tbsp)
- Maple Valley maple syrup for serving
- In a large bowl, add milk, sour cream, maple sugar/syrup, eggs and vanilla.
- Whisk these ingredients together.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt.
- Stir until combined and no large lumps of dry flour remain but don’t over-mix (this batter will be lumpy, that’s ok!)
- Melt ½ Tbsp of butter in a large non-stick skillet over medium-low heat until bubbling.
- Pour pancake batter into skillet using about ¼ cup for each pancake fitting 3-4 into the skillet.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes until bubbles are on the surface of the pancakes and bottoms are golden brown.
- Flip each one over and cook for another 1-2 minutes until golden brown.
- Carefully wipe out the skillet to remove excess browned butter with paper towels.
- Repeat process with remaining butter and batter*.
- Serve while warm with Maple Valley organic maple syrup. Enjoy!
Optional: Add on fruit slices or pieces, nuts, chocolate chips and/or top with real whipped cream.
NOTES *Makes about 12 pancakes